Expanding the ranks of effective leaders, now and in the future, is vital to the success of Corinth and Alcorn County. To meet that need, The Alliance conducts two leadership development programs, one for adults and one for youth. Each is a six-month program, with the adult program conducted every two years and the youth program conducted every year.
Designed for adults who wish to enhance their leadership skills, the Leadership Alcorn program helps participants become better prepared to make a difference in their community.
This program involves
- focus on leadership skills
- monthly day-long seminars
- group discussions
- visits to area businesses, industry, and community organizations
- Q&A sessions with business and community leaders
- planning and completion of a group community service project
Participants develop leadership skills and identify personal characteristics that enable them to become more effective leaders while learning about and focusing on issues and concerns specific to Corinth and Alcorn County.
How to Apply
Application forms are mailed to Alliance members the summer before each session. The next session will open Fall 2017.
Junior Leadership Alcorn
With the mission to help students grow leadership skills and provide better understanding of community by providing networking, leadership, and community service opportunities for the High School Sophomore and Junior students selected for our program. Junior Leadership Alcorn participants will
- Hear from, interact with and be exposed to decision makers and leaders.
- Go on an overnight leadership and teambuilding retreat.
- Gain a greater love for and pride in our community.
- Have experiences and make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Earn 20 hours of community service.
How to Apply
Application forms are distributed to schools in the Corinth and Alcorn County public school systems in late fall. Applicants are asked to respond to essay questions on topics such as current issues in the county and why they are interested in learning more about leadership. From the applications submitted, a panel selects 25 students to take part in the program.
Interested in one of these leadership programs? Contact The Alliance for more information.