J. Clayton Stanley
President and Chief Operating Officer
Clayton Stanley serves as President of The Alliance, Corinth and Alcorn County’s chamber of commerce and economic development organization.
Prior to coming to The Alliance Clayton was a lobbyist at one of the South’s leading lobbying and public relations firms where he focused on Legislative and Executive branch lobbying in Mississippi and Tennessee. Clayton also was the President of one of Corinth’s oldest manufacturers.
Clayton’s focus throughout his career has been maximizing the potential of Alcorn County. He is focused on creating an environment where business can thrive which ultimately creates jobs and investment. Clayton serves on a number of corporate boards and non-profit boards throughout Northeast Mississippi and is an Elder at First Presbyterian Church.
Clayton is a native of Corinth, graduated from Corinth High School and holds a BA in Economics from the University of the South in Sewanee, TN. He and his wife Katy have two young children, John and Annie.
- Serves as the executive for The Alliance
- Oversees finances and day-to-day operations
- Leads Corinth and Alcorn County’s economic development efforts
Marketing and Membership Coordinator
Kelly graduated from the Winona Academy, received a bachelor’s degree in horticulture from Mississippi State University, and went on to complete a master’s degree in technology at MSU. She holds certifications as an Economic Development Certified Digital Marketer (2015) and an Economic Development Certified Digital Researcher (2015).
- Works with the membership of The Alliance to help them market their businesses
- Serves as graphic designer for The Alliance
- Maintains The Alliance website
- Assists in Retail and Industrial Economic Development in Corinth and Alcorn County
- Maintains relationships with member businesses
- Assists with creating the Community Guide/Membership Directory
- Recruit new members and assists in coordinating Alliance events, including the Annual Meeting and various membership events
- Works with the Finance and Membership Council to implement membership benefits and programs
Denise graduated from Kossuth High School in Alcorn County and attended Northeast Mississippi Community College. She has over 14 years’ experience in working within nonprofit organizations.
- Handles financial operations, including accounting and purchasing
- Conducts employee orientations
- Maintains personnel records
- Oversees employee benefits
- Works directly with the Finance and Membership Council to implement membership benefits and programs
- Recruit new members and coordinate Alliance events, including the annual appreciation luncheon for existing businesses and industries
- Prepares The Alliance’s annual report and the Community Guide/Membership Directory
- Oversees the member ad and website banner ad programs
- Assists with the annual agriculture tour and banquet, the agricultural scholarship program, and the annual wildlife supper