Gary Chandler, President and Chief Operating Officer
A native of Tupelo, Mississippi, Gary holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of North Alabama.
Upon graduation from college, he worked for U.S. Congressman Bud Cramer for eight years as special assistant and field representative in the Muscle Shoals and Huntsville (Alabama) district offices. He has completed the New South Economic Development Course, the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute, and most recently TVA-Economic Development Division’s Tennessee Valley Rural Leadership Institute.
Gary serves on Steering Committee for the Commission on the Future of Alcorn County and the CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi. He is on the Board of Directors for the United Way of Corinth and Alcorn County. Gary serves on the Board of Directors for the Mississippi Economic Development Council as well as the Southern Economic Development Council’s Legislative Affairs Committee.
He has assisted in locating Burke’s Outlet, Goodwill, Wendy’s and Papa John’s in Corinth and helped to save 200 jobs from the former ACT Electronics Company as Ayrshire Electronics came to Corinth. Gary also facilitated an expansion in late 2010 of Ayrshire Electronics, which ushered in over 50 new jobs. Gary also initiated discussions and fostered the creation of the TAP Alliance. The TAP Alliance is a regional economic development partnership consisting of Tishomingo, Alcorn and Prentiss Counties in northeast Mississippi.
- Serves as the executive for The Alliance
- Oversees finances and day-to-day operations
- Leads Corinth and Alcorn County’s economic development efforts
Denise Joyner, Office Manager
Denise graduated from Kossuth High School in Alcorn County and attended Northeast Mississippi Community College. She has over 14 years’ experience in working within nonprofit organizations.
- Handles financial operations, including accounting and purchasing
- Conducts employee orientations
- Maintains personnel records
- Oversees employee benefits
- Works directly with the Finance and Membership Council to implement membership benefits and programs
- Recruit new members and coordinate Alliance events, including the annual appreciation luncheon for existing businesses and industries
- Prepares The Alliance’s annual report and the Community Guide/Membership Directory
- Oversees the member ad and website banner ad programs
- Assists with the annual agriculture tour and banquet, the agricultural scholarship program, and the annual wildlife supper
Kelly Rinehart, Marketing and Membership Coordinator
Kelly graduated from the Winona Academy, received a bachelor’s degree in horticulture from Mississippi State University, and went on to complete a master’s degree in technology at MSU.
- Works with the membership of The Alliance to help them market their businesses
- Serves as graphic designer for The Alliance
- Maintains The Alliance website
- Assists in Retail Development in Corinth and Alcorn County
- Maintains relationships with member businesses
- Assists with creating the Community Guide/Membership Directory
- Recruit new members and assists in coordinating Alliance events, including the Annual Meeting and various membership events
- Works with the Finance and Membership Council to implement membership benefits and programs
Andrea Rose, Community Development Director
Andrea received an associate’s degree from Rock Valley College, and holds a bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership from Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. She is a 2008 graduate of the Leadership Alcorn program. She serves on the National Advisory Committee for the Keep America Beautiful Cigarette Litter Prevention Program, Kiwanis of Corinth Board, and is a member of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Mississippi Economic Development Council. She has received the Keep Mississippi Beautiful Pat Fordice Award for Excellence, while leading Keep Corinth-Alcorn Beautiful to numerous state and national awards over the past five years.
- Facilitates business seminars
- Manages adult and student leadership development programs
- Leads retiree recruitment efforts
- Directs education initiatives Corinth to College and Mississippi Scholars
- Supports programs to address drop-out prevention and recovery
- Promotes local commerce initiatives
- Provides leadership for the Keep Corinth-Alcorn Beautiful programs
- Created and directs Corinth Area Young Professionals
- Maintains awareness of programming through various media outlets