Community College Workforce Training and Economic Development Programs
Northeast Mississippi Community College (NEMCC), with its main campus in neighboring Prentiss County and a satellite campus in Corinth, provides valuable services to business and industry through its Division of Workforce Training and Economic Development.
Classes offered include
- radiology workshops for dental assistants
- health care, including
- Certified nurse aide program
- EMT basic program
- first responder
- CPR certification
- conflict management/stress management
- 10 & 30 hour OSHA safety training
- Hazardous materials training
- Emergency Citizen Preparedness
- Basic Manufacturing Skills Training
- Service Skills Certification Training
- Computer Training: MS Word, Excel, and Introduction to Keyboarding
- ServSave training.
Workforce training services include
- assistance developing training materials
- writing training projects for employers
- training on general topics such as workforce readiness, safety, and health
- help improving basic skills for individuals.
These training programs can be customized to the particular needs of individual industries; services are often provided at no cost.
The Corinth facility includes
- 60 seat conference room
- (2) 20 seat computer/distance learning labs
- 14 seat computer lab
- 30 seat testing/meeting room
- 12 seat conference room
- Employer interview room.
These facilities are available to businesses and industries without charge.
WIN Job Center
The Division also participates in the Workforce Investment Network (WIN), which provides worker training, recruitment, education, and placement services through WIN Job Centers across the state. A WIN Job Center is conveniently located in Corinth and can be reached at (662) 696-2301.
Services offered include
- workforce training and education
- assistance with recruitment of qualified workers through an existing online database
- proficiency testing of employees
- information about on-the-job training programs, tax credits, the labor market, and wages
- assistance filling out NAFTA
- assistance and guidance with NAFTA and Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) forms and benefits.
Alcorn County Career and Technology Center
The Alcorn Career and Technology Center in Corinth, Mississippi, operated by the Alcorn School District, not only prepares high school students for the workforce but also offers night classes to help adults update and upgrade their skills.
High School classes include
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Agricultural Power and Machinery
- Automotive Service Technology
- Business Fundamentals/Marketing
- Career Pathway Experience (CPE)
- Digital Media Technology
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Fundamentals/Metal Fabrication
- Polymer Science
- Teacher Academy
Adult night classes include
- introduction to computers
- basic CNC programming
- basic welding
- combination welding
- pipe welding
- introduction to computers
- medical terminology
- office computer applications suite.