Magnolia Regional Health CenterÂ (MRHC) is a 200 bed acute care community hospital that is jointly owned by the City of Corinth and Alcorn County, Mississippi. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, MRHC has been in existence since 1965 and has grown into the largest employer in Alcorn County. The center provides care to patients in Alcorn County, the three surrounding counties in northeast Mississippi, and three counties in southern Tennessee.
The center offers
- a 200-bed hospital
- over 1,400 employees
- over 30 medical specialties
- a birthing center with 4 observation beds and 12 nursery beds
- a 12-bed critical care unit
- a 19-bed adult psychiatric unit
- a 25-bed emergency services department, staffed 24 hours a day
- a state-of-the-artÂ heart and vascular care center with seven cardiologists, one general and vascular surgeon, and two cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons
- radiology and diagnostic imaging services
- rehabilitation services, including an outpatient facility
- diagnostic and pulmonary therapy procedures in the respiratory care center
- a sleep disorders lab
- aÂ main surgical unitÂ with 8 operating rooms, 2 endoscopy suites, a cytoscopy suite, a 16-bed surgical short stay unit, and a 10-bed post-anesthesia care unit
- an ambulatory surgery center with 4 operating rooms, 2 procedure rooms, a 6-bed preoperative unit, and a 9-bed post operative unit.
In 2006 the MRHC hospital was named aÂ Thomson Top 100 Hospital. The surgery department performs nearly 10,000 outpatient and inpatient surgeries annually.
Since its founding in 1965, MRHC has engaged in a continual process of expansion and renovation. Some of the more significant additions and improvements include
- three new patient floors, surgical intensive care unit, private short stay surgery rooms, private pre & post heart cath rooms, surgery recovery positions, three additional operating rooms, cardiac rehabilitation area, and six medical office units
- the new Magnolia Regional Heart & Vascular Center offering cardiac intervention and open heart surgery
- the new Cancer Center at Magnolia, providing radiation and medical oncology in one location
- a new Emergency Department, Cardiology area, Lab area, and centralized registration.
- a new radiology department which includes 1.5 large bore MRI, three 128 slice CT scanners, two Spect CT Nuclear Cameras, 3D Mammography, and stereotactic biopsy.
- radiation oncology capabilities (including IMRT)
- a women’s health services unit.
Home Health Care and Hospice Services
The Magnolia Regional Health Center provides home RN nursing care, health care technicians, and Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapies to eight Mississippi counties and two counties in Tennessee.
Hospice care services include RN nursing, social worker, chaplaincy, and volunteer services to meet patients needs.
Urgent Care Services
Magnolia Express Care is a Magnolia Regional Health Center owned clinic that provides care to patients when it matters most. Illness comes at the most inconvenient times, so that’s why Magnolia Express Care provides fast and affordable healthcare. Open 7 days a week, and offering extended hours throughout the week and on weekends, patients can be seen quickly with hassle-free walk-in appointments. The clinic is the perfect alternative when your primary care provider is not available or your case doesn’t call for a trip to the Emergency Department. The clinic is located at 703 Alcorn Drive, Suite 109, located directly behind Magnolia Regional Health Center. For more information, or to reach the clinic, call (662) 286-1499. See below for clinic hours:
Monday -Â Friday 8 am -Â 7 pm
Saturday 8 am -Â 5 pm
Sunday 8 am -Â 5 pm
Advanced Health Services
When highly specialized or complex treatment is needed, Alcorn County residents can depend on two nationally respected medical centers within a few hours drive.
- About 175 miles from Corinth
- National leader in patient care, research, and training
- Multitude of specializations, including aging and geriatric medicine, allergy and asthma, oncology, orthopaedics, heart and vascular services, internal medicine, radiology, urology, and much more
- Hospital ranked among the world’s best
- Outpatient care center with over 600 physicians in 35 specialties
- Eye foundation hospital
- About 250 miles from Corinth in Jackson, Mississippi
- Highly ranked nationally
- Four specialized hospitals, a clinic, and the state’s only level-one trauma center
- Site of the first successful human heart transplant